Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Gatsby Chic

Two flowers come with this hat, each a pin. The large flower is cool on the has with the small one as an accent piece, but I think most people would wear it as shown in the picture. This basic cloche is marbled in shades of purple and turquoise. It is a cozy warm hat; the wool is luxurious. You can wear this one without the flower for a great casual look. It's versatile. My Etsy Store, TheHatTrick, has several more views of this hat.


For my knitting/felting friends, there are just so many things you can do with a cloche. Add a couple rows before reducing to the main body of the hat to get the longer brim. I started with 90 stiches and reduced to 75 on this one after about 8 rows. Experiment. Every hat is a pleasant surprise! Try different flowers. I liked these two so much I just had to include both with the hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment